I want to say that Black Friday is the one annual shopping event that everyone saves up for, but let’s be real -— our bank accounts are kinda still bleeding from the 11:11 madness.
For the benefit of the suaku folks who are asking just what is Black Friday: Black Friday is actually an American shopping holiday. It is the day after Thanksgiving, marking the day people begin Christmas shopping. Black Friday was traditionally for offline stores, while the following Cyber Monday is for online stores.
This year, Black Friday is on 27 Nov 2020 — so if you haven’t got your shopping lists ready then you had better hurry get your act together.
Singapore Black Friday Sales Guide (2020)
|Gain City||Up to 60% off||Till Nov 27 (online only)|
|Zalora||Exclusive promotions and cashback deals||Nov 27|
|Sephora||20% off online and in-store||Nov 26 & 27|
|Ion Orchard||1-for-1 deals, up to 50% discounts and free gifts||Till Nov 30|
|Takashimaya||Up to 70% off||Nov 27 to 29|
|Amazon Singapore||Up to 70% off||Till Nov 27|
|Shopee||Up to 90% off||Nov 27|
|Lazada||1-for-1 deals, up to 90% discount||Nov 27 to 30|
|Qoo10||Up to 70% off||Nov 26 to 30|
|ezbuy||50% off deals||Till Nov 27|
Bonus tip: if you’re planning to do some serious international shopping (i.e. in foreign currency) you can check out RateX to further maximise your savings.
Gain City Black Friday Deals 2020 — up to 60% off
The electronics and home furnishing megastore has already started its pre-Black Friday sale and it will run till 27 Nov 2020. Bedding and furnishing products are up to 60% off online and also at the Gain City Megastore @ Sungei Kadut. But note that Black Friday promotions are applicable for online purchases only.
- Free Gain City vouchers up to $600 with purchase of system 2 to system 5 air-con units.
- Free $50 Gain City vouchers with every $500 spend on selected home appliances.
- 10% off laptops and desktops with minimum spend of $1,000.
- Free gifts such as Dyson tower fans and vacuum cleaners and Samsung Galaxy Z Flip when you spend between $2,500 to $8,000 on bedding and furnishing products.
- Black Friday Tech Picks: 13.3-inch Dell laptop at $1,699 (U.P. $1,999), Sony True Wireless Earbuds at $111 (U.P. $199), and more
- Black Friday Large Home Appliances Deals: Fisher & Paykel Tumble Dryer at $549 (U.P. $649), Hitachi 3-Door Fridge at $1,099 (U.P. $1,349)
- Black Friday Small Home Appliances Deals: Electrolux Bagged Vacuum at $96 (U.P. $119), Sharp Air Purifier/Humidifier at $549 (U.P. $899)
- Black Friday Masterchef Deals: Mayet Bread Maker at $95 (U.P. $208), Cornell Food Steamer at $39 (U.P. $79)
Zalora Black Friday deals 2020 — exclusive promotions and cashback deals
Not much information has been released yet, but you can expect exclusive Zalora Black Friday deals across six categories focusing on women, men, kids, lifestyle, beauty and luxury products.
Featured brands will include Topshop, Hollister, Ivy Park, Mango, Warehouse, Topman, Dorothy Perkins, Tommy Hilfiger, Abercrombie & Fitch, Calvin Klein, Under Armour, River Island, G2000 and Zalora (of course).
Get more bang for your buck with cashback deals too.
Sephora Black Friday deals 2020 — up to 20% off
As a full-time beauty junkie and hardcore Sephora fan, I’m a little disappointed with the Black Friday discounts that will start at the stroke of midnight on Nov 26.
On Nov 26 and 27, enjoy 20% off with a minimum spend of $150 on online and in-store purchases. You can still get a discount, albeit a lower one at 15% off with no minimum spend.
I say I’m disappointed because they have 20% off storewide sales quite often, so this pales in comparison. Nonetheless, if you have something urgent you need and can’t wait for a better sale, then go ahead. It’s most worth it to shop for cosmetics from brands like Dior, NARS and Urban Decay because these don’t typically go on sale at their own boutiques.
Ion Orchard Friday deals 2020 — 1-for-1 deals, up to 50% discounts
Ion Orchard is adding a little more spark to Orchard Road with its Black Friday treats this year. More than 70 brands, such as Bacha Coffee, Godiva and Giorgio Armani Beauty, are participating in this annual event to offer over 100 shopping and dining deals till Nov 30.
- 1-for-1 Large Cheese Milk Black Tea (U.P. $4.50 each) at Each A Cup (#B4-69)
- Free Gyu Don Set (U.P. $11.90) or Roasted Mackerel Set (U.P. $10.90) with purchase of a lunch set at Niku Kappo by Watami (#B3-23)
- 1-for-1 on selected tees ($39.90 to $59.90) at Converse (#B3-57)
- BBQ Saba + Kimchi Soup for $11.50 (U.P. $13.60) at Rui Feng Korean Cuisine at Food Opera (#B4-03/04)
- 1-for-1 Cushion Refill (U.P. $75) at Shisedo (#B2-51)
Takashimaya Black Friday deals 2020 — up to 70%
Black Friday sale will kick off at Takashimaya Department Store and its specialty stores with up to 40% off selected regular-priced items on Nov 27. And then follow with 2 more days of sale on Nov 28 and 29 with up to 70% off selected sale items.
If you’re one of the first lucky 500 shoppers on Nov 27, you will receive a complimentary $10 Black Friday voucher (valid for a minimum purchase of $50).
- Flower by Kenzo Eau de Parfum Gift Set (worth $253) at $184
- 1-for-1 Clinique iD deal ($52 each)
- Tocco Toscano The Essential Tent Clutch (U.P. $229) at $99
- Aimer Yoga Tights (U.P. $89.90) at $45.90
- Brabantia Ironing Board (U.P. $178) at $79.80
Amazon Singapore deals 2020 — up to 70% off
Amazon is one of the biggest shopping aggregators from the U.S., which is literally the birthplace of the Black Friday shopping fiesta. There’s no blanket discount code, but look out for special Deals of the Day and flash sales.
Early Black Friday Deals are already up on the website and will till Nov 26, before the main event unveils more good stuff on Nov 27. Got a Mastercard card? Charge your purchases of at least $150 to it and get a Amazon.sg gift card worth $15.
Also, enjoy free standard delivery service with if you spend more than $40 on Amazon’s domestic selection every day this week, including Black Friday and Cyber Monday. One-day delivery service for Prime customers will continue to apply.
- Switch Ring Fit Adventure Fitness Ring at $38.90 (U.P. $59.90)
- Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage (750ml) at $94.90 (U.P. $124.55)
- Portable Mini Massage Gun at $103.50 (U.P. $139.96)
- PopBabies Portable Smoothie Blender at $37 (U.P. $49.99)
- Soopii Tablet Stand with Built-in Battery Charger at $28.59 (U.P. $45.99)
Shopee Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals 2020 — up to 90% off
Bargain hunters, get ready to look out for 29 flash deal time slots at Shopee’s Blck Friday/Cyber Monday sale on Nov 27 for massive discounts. You can set reminders on the website if you’re kiasu.
More information will be released on its key highlights, promotions, vouchers, games and more very soon.
Expect an early bird sale on Nov 26, a “Black Friday vouchers mayhem” on Nov 27, flash sales galore on Nov 28, cashback madness on Nov 29, and a “Cyber Monday Million $ Discount mayhem” on Nov 30.
There are payment promotions in collaboration with selected banks to offer shoppers more savings with vouchers when they charge their purchases on selected credit cards on Black Friday (Nov 27) and Cyber Monday (Nov 30).
|Citibank||$30 off min. spend of $200 / $20 off min. spend of $160|
|Standard Chartered||$15 off min. spend of $120|
|UOB||Up to 10% rebate (with UOB One credit card only)|
|Amex||$10 off with minimum spend of $100 (Shopee Rewards Gold Members only)|
Lazada Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals 2020 — up to 90% off
Do you have a “mad rad love for deals”? If your answer is a resounding “Yas!”, then don’t miss Lazada’s Black Friday sale from Nov 27 to 30.
Expect limited time specials, vouchers, 1-for-1 deals, discounts up to 90%, and more. There’s even an e-shopping guide to help you navigate the sale website where you can learn how to “stack” vouchers for maximum gains.
|Standard Chartered||$15 off with a minimum eligible spend of $150|
|Maybank||$8 off with minimum spend of $80|
|$15 off with minimum spend of $150|
Qoo10 Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals 2020 — up to 70% off
Friday isn’t cool until Qoo10 turns it into “Fri-yay” when it launches its Black Friyay & Cyber Monday event that will run from Nov 26 to 30.
Information will be released soon on its deals and promotions, but you can look forward to browsing a wide range of categories such as Editor’s Runway, Brand Avenue, Home Fair, Food Mart and Kids Planet.
If you’re a Standard Chartered cardholder, get $10 off with a minimum spend of $100 on purchases made during the sale.
ezbuy Black Friday deals 2020 — 50% off
Till Nov 27, enjoy flat — not up to — 50% off deals, free shipping service above $19.90 and zero agent fee when you shop ezbuy’s Black Friday sale.
- $20 off when you join or renew Prime Membership by Nov 27. Prime Lite and Prime Annual are now $49 and $79 respectively.
- Flash Deal at 12pm on Nov 27: Laneige Water Bank Hydro + Innisfree Jeju Hand Cream at $9.50 (U.P. $31.10)
- Flash Deal at 12pm on Nov 27: Samsung 50-inch Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV at $699 (U.P. $1,099)
|Citibank||$11 off with a minimum spend of $100||CITINOV11||Till Nov 26|
|Standard Chartered||$10 off with min. eligible spend of $100||SCBF20||Nov 27 to 30|
Ready for Black Friday madness yet? Share this with your shopping kakis today.