Nobody I know actually makes their travel bookings via airline or hotel websites anymore. Everyone does it through travel aggregators because it’s simply the easiest and fastest way to compare the cheapest flight and accommodation prices. Agoda is one of these popular “travel search engines”, and lucky for us, they’ve tie-ups with almost all the banks in Singapore. Here’s a helpful list of all the current and best Agoda promo codes and credit card promotions.
Best Agoda Promo Codes 2018
Most of Agoda’s promotions are with credit cards, but they do release promo codes from time to time. These promo codes are spontaneous and have very short validity periods – typically 1 to 2 weeks – so the best thing to do is just to check back from time to time.
Here’s what is available (as of 15 Oct 2018):
|Promotion||Promo code||Book by|
|5% off London hotel bookings||LONDON_18||16 Oct 2018|
|8% off New York hotel bookings||NEWYORK18||18 Oct 2018|
|5% off Maldives hotel bookings||MALDIVES_18||20 Oct 2018|
|5% off Berlin hotel bookings||BERLIN_18||21 Oct 2018|
|10% off Tokyo hotel bookings||TOKYO_18||24 Oct 2018|
For the most updated list of Agoda promo codes, please check the Official Agoda promo code page.
Best Agoda Credit Card Promotions
For Agoda credit card promotions, there is no promo code necessary. You just need to check out with the specified card. Here’s an overview of the current discounts:
|Credit card||Discount||Book by||Travel by|
|DBS/POSB||12% cashback in Agoda gift card||30 Nov 2018||30 Jun 2019|
|UOB||8% off hotels in 10 Asia countries & 6% off worldwide hotel bookings||30 Nov 2018||30 Jun 2019|
|Citibank||7% off worldwide hotel bookings||31 Dec 2018||30 Jun 2019|
|OCBC||5% off worldwide hotel bookings||31 Dec 2018||30 Jun 2019|
|Standard Chartered||5% off worldwide hotel bookings||31 Dec 2018||30 Jun 2019|
|Maybank||5% to 7% off worldwide hotel bookings||31 Dec 2018||31 Mar 2019|
|HSBC||5% off||31 Dec 2018||–|
DBS/POSB Agoda promotions 2018 – best for loyal Agoda customers
All the credit card promotions are for hotel bookings – no flights – and for those, DBS/POSB cardholders are entitled to the highest “discount” available. You can get 12% off, but it’s not a direct discount. It’s actually for your next booking, because you will receive 12% cashback in an Agoda gift card.
Best DBS/POSB credit cards for air miles and travel bookings:
- S$1 = 1.2 miles (Local spend)
- S$1 = 2 miles (Overseas spend)
- S$1 = 3 miles (Online flight & Hotel transactions)
- 6 miles/S$1 spend at Expedia; 10 miles/S$1 spend at Kaligo
- Get 10,000 Bonus Miles when you renew your annual membership
- Enjoy 2 Complimentary Global Airport Lounge Access visits and get up to S$1 million travel accident insurance coverage for you and your family members
- S$1 = 4 miles for all online flights and travel bookings
- Bonus miles capped at S$2,000 per calendar month
- Up to S$100 cashback when you apply before 31 Mar 2018 and spend a min. of S$500 within the first month from your card approval date
UOB Agoda promotions 2018 – best for destinations within Asia
If you want a direct discount off your booking and are open to destinations within Asia, use a UOB credit card for the best price. Currently, you can get 8% hotel bookings to 10 Asia countries – Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong & Macau.
Anywhere else and it’s only 6%, which is 1% less than Citibank, which offers 7% off for worldwide hotel bookings.
Best UOB credit cards for air miles and travel bookings:
- S$1 = 1.4 miles (Local spend); S$1 = 2.4 miles (Overseas spend)
- S$1 = 6 miles for spends on major airlines and hotels booked through Expedia, UOB Travel, and Agoda
- No minimum spend and no cap on earned miles
- 20,000 loyalty miles every year with min. spend of S$50,000 in a year; Up to 8 complimentary airport transfers to Changi Airport in a year (Exclusively for UOB PRVI Miles American Express Card)
- Complimentary travel insurance coverage of up to S$1,000,000. T&Cs apply.
- 16%* cash rebate on weekend Dining & Entertainment**; 3% cashback on weekday Dining & Entertainment
- 3% cash rebate on Online Travel^ and fashion
- Minimum spend: S$600. Cashback cap: S$60/month
- 1 year principal card fee waiver; no annual fees for first supplementary card
- Base rate: 0.3% cashback if minimum spend of S$600 is not met
Citibank Agoda promotions 2018 – best for worldwide bookings after 31 Oct 2018
As mentioned above, Citibank offers the highest discounts for worldwide hotel bookings (8% off). The only exception is OCBC, which offers a cool 10% off – however, you’ll need to act fast if you want to take advantage of it because it’s only valid until 31 Oct 2018.
From now until 31 Oct 2018, you can also get an additional 1% off (total 8% off) for USA, Europe, Vietnam and Singapore hotel bookings.
Best Citibank credit cards for air miles and travel bookings:
- S$1 = 1.2 Citi Miles (Local spend)
- S$1 = 2 Citi Miles (Overseas spend)
- Earn up to 7 Citi Miles per S$1 spent on Agoda.com/bonusmiles and 3 Citi Miles per S$1 spent on expedia.com.sg/bonusrewards
- Citi Miles never expire
- Priority Pass™ membership gives you access to more than 600 airport lounges twice a year
- Receive 10,000 Citi Miles upon membership renewal and payment of annual fee
- Complimentary Travel Accident Insurance up to S$1,000,000 coverage, Medical Assistance Programme and Travel Inconvenience Coverage
OCBC Agoda promotions 2018 – best for worldwide bookings before 31 Oct 2018
Currently, OCBC has the highest discount of 10% off worldwide hotel bookings, but the campaign ends 31 Oct 2018 so you have less than a month to make your booking. There’s also a 1,000 redemption cap… but no harm trying your luck, right?
After that, the discount is dramatically reduced by half. You only get 5% off your worldwide hotel bookings.
Best OCBC credit cards for air miles and travel bookings:
- 3% Cashback on Weekday and Overseas Dining, Grocery and Recurring Telecommunications bills, and all Online spend
- 6% Cashback on Weekend Dining
- Up to 23.8% Fuel Savings at selected petrol stations
- Minimum spend of $600/month, $80 cap /month. For spend less than $600, a flat 0.3% cashback is awarded
Standard Chartered Agoda promotions 2018 – up to 8% off if you book fast
Standard Chartered’s Agoda promotions cannot really compare to the local banks’. They also have 8% off selected destinations (Australia, China, India and Thailand hotel bookings made before 31 Oct 2018) and 5% off the rest of the world, but nothing really spectacular.
Best Standard Chartered credit cards for air miles and travel bookings:
- $150 Uber Credits OR $150 Caltex StarCash Card OR $138 Cashback
- 3% cashback on all foreign currency spend (inclusive of the 1.5% cashback) for the 1st 3 months upon card approval
- 1.5% cashback on all other eligible spend
- No cashback cap and no minimum spend
- Doubles up as your ez-link card with the EZ-Link facility enabled on it
Maybank Agoda promotions 2018 – up to 7% worldwide hotel bookings
With Maybank, what tier of discount you get depends on what tier your credit card is. For Maybank Gold and Classic cards, you get 5% off all hotel bookings worldwide. For Maybank Platinum Cards and above, you get an additional 2%. That makes it 7% off, which is on par with Citibank.
Best Maybank credit cards for air miles and travel bookings:
- Earn 3.2 air miles (8X TREATS Points) for every S$1 spent on dining, petrol, taxi fares and hotel bookings at Agoda.com/horizon
- Earn 2 air miles (5X TREATS Points) for every S$1 spent on air tickets, travel packages and foreign currency transactions
- Minimum spend: S$300/month
- Capped at 30,000 Bonus TREATS Points per month
- Earn 0.4 air miles (1X TREAT Point) with no minimum spend amount
- Complimentary lounge access with minimum spend of S$400
- Complimentary Travel Insurance up to S$1,000,000
HSBC Agoda promotions 2018 – up to 5% off worldwide hotel bookings
HSBC has the lowest discount of 5% off worldwide hotel bookings. It’s not the highest, but at least it’s something, right? Also, there is no “travel by” restriction, so if you’re booking for a super far away holiday – like a year in advance or something – this may come in handy.
Best HSBC credit cards for air miles and travel bookings:
- $1 = Up to 1.25 air miles (Local)
- $1 = Up to 2.25 air miles (Overseas)
- Priority Pass™ Membership card will be automatically issued to the primary Cardholder and the supplementary Cardholder(s) - Unlimited access to over 700 VIP airport lounges worldwide
- Access to HSBC’s Infinite Travel & Lifestyle Concierge service for personalised assistance, 24/7
- Automatic travel insurance coverage of up to US$2,000,000 (annual value worth S$988)
- Complimentary limousine transfer and expedited immigration clearance at key airports in Asia
Were these Agoda promo codes and credit card promotions useful for your travel planning? Tell us in the comments below!
Keep updated with all the news!
Get the latest personal finance tips and tricks delivered to your inbox!
We promise never to spam you!