Fuelling our wanderlust is expensive business, yet somehow many Singaporeans manage to afford vacations on seemingly every long weekend, and in June and December. How? With budget flights and discounted travel bookings, that’s how. We’ve covered quite a lot of content on sussing out cheap flights, so today, we’ll be focusing on scoring discounts via KLOOK.
What is KLOOK?
KLOOK is an online site for booking cheap attraction tickets, day tours, transport passes and the like. It’s by no means the only travel-booking site, but it is one of the bigger, more established ones. I’ve personally used it to buy theme park tickets for several trips, and the entire process was seamless each time. I also got to skip the ticketing queues overseas, which was nice.
Even without promo codes, KLOOK’s prices are already very competitive. They’re either the same or lower than retail price, so you don’t need to worry that you might be getting ripped off. In fact, they’re so confident that their price guarantee actually refunds you 2X of the price difference if you find the same tickets cheaper elsewhere. You literally have nothing to lose.
But to further stretch your dollar, you should make sure to check out with the right credit card and the respective promo code. Here’s a compilation of all the current tie-ups KLOOK has with local banks.
KLOOK credit card promo codes — up to $20 off
|Citibank||CITIEUROPE||$20 off Europe activities (min. spend $300)||31 July 2019|
|Standard Chartered||SCB2019||$12 off all destinations (min. spend $200)||30 Sep 2019|
|UOB||UOBKLK||5% off all destinations (capped at $10, use up to 4X per year)||31 Dec 2019|
|KLOOKUOB5||5% off all destinations (capped at $10, use up to 3X per year)||30 Sep 2019|
|DBS||DBS2019||5% off all destinations (capped at $8, use up to 5X per year)||31 Dec 2019|
|HSBC||HSBCSG2019||3% off all destinations (capped at $10, use up to 3X per year)||31 Dec 2019|
Unless otherwise stated, promo codes are good for one-time use only. They also cannot be stacked (i.e. you can’t use multiple codes for a single transaction).
Disclaimer: This is not an advertorial, and we are in no way compensated by KLOOK for this editorial. This is just a useful compilation of KLOOK promo codes for our readers’ benefit.
Citibank credit cards – 20% off KLOOK Europe bookings
Citibank has the highest discount, but most people won’t be able to benefit from it. The $20 off is only valid for Europe bookings, and requires a minimum spend of $300. That’s up to ~7% off, assuming you spend exactly $300. It’s also the first promo code to expire (it’s only valid until month end).
- Get S$200 NTUC Fairprice OR CapitaLand Vouchers with Citibank!
- S$1 = 1.2 Citi Miles on Local spend
- S$1 = 2 Citi Miles on Foreign currency spend
- Earn up to 7 Citi Miles per S$1 spent on Agoda.com/bonusmiles (valid till 31 Jul 2019), 3 Citi Miles per S$1 spent on Expedia.com.sg/bonusrewards (valid till 31 May 2019) and 10 Citi Miles per S$1 spent on Kaligo.com/bonus-miles (valid till 31 Dec 2019)
- Citi Miles never expire
- Priority Pass™ membership gives you access to more than 600 airport lounges twice a year
- Complimentary Travel Accident Insurance up to S$1,000,000 coverage, Medical Assistance Programme and Travel Inconvenience Coverage
Standard Chartered Bank credit cards — $12 off all KLOOK bookings
If you’re not going to Europe — so just anywhere else — Standard Chartered Bank has a $12 off promo code. This is the highest discount amount, but a minimum spend of $200 applies. It expires on 30 Sep 2019, so if you’ve already made your December travel plans, you have ample time to make a booking.
UOB credit cards — 5% off all KLOOK bookings (2 promo codes!)
UOB has the best deal, because they have 2 promo codes (for all destinations), both of which can be used multiple times. Both KLOOKUOB5 and UOB2019 gives you 5% off (capped at $10), and can be used 4X and 3X per year respectively.
If you have enough in your cart, you can split them into separate transactions (under $200 each) to make the most out of the promo codes.
- S$1 = 1.4 miles (Local spend); S$1 = 2.4 miles (Overseas spend)
- S$1 = 6 miles for spends on major airlines and hotels booked through Expedia, UOB Travel, and Agoda
- No minimum spend and no cap on earned miles
- 20,000 loyalty miles every year with min. spend of S$50,000 in a year; Up to 8 complimentary airport transfers to Changi Airport in a year (Exclusively for UOB PRVI Miles American Express Card)
- Complimentary travel insurance coverage of up to S$1,000,000. T&Cs apply.
DBS/POSB credit cards — 5% off all KLOOK bookings
If you cart out with a DBS/POSB card, you get the same 5% off, but it’s capped at $8 (instead of $10 with UOB credit cards). That means it’s only good for transactions under $160.
You can use it up to 5X per year though, which is the most of all the promo codes.
- S$1 = 4 miles for all online flights and travel bookings
- Bonus miles capped at S$2,000 per calendar month
- Up to S$100 cashback when you apply before 31 Mar 2018 and spend a min. of S$500 within the first month from your card approval date
- S$1 = 1.2 miles (Local spend)
- S$1 = 2 miles (Overseas spend)
- S$1 = 3 miles (Online flight & Hotel transactions)
- 6 miles/S$1 spend at Expedia; 10 miles/S$1 spend at Kaligo
- Get 10,000 Bonus Miles when you renew your annual membership
- Enjoy 2 Complimentary Global Airport Lounge Access visits and get up to S$1 million travel accident insurance coverage for you and your family members
HSBC credit cards — 3% off all KLOOK bookings
Lastly, HSBC gives you 3% off all destinations, capped at $10. So don’t swipe anything above $333.40.
It’s not the best, but if you don’t have any other card, it’s better than nothing.
- $1 = Up to 1.25 air miles (Local)
- $1 = Up to 2.25 air miles (Overseas)
- Priority Pass™ Membership card will be automatically issued to the primary Cardholder and the supplementary Cardholder(s) - Unlimited access to over 700 VIP airport lounges worldwide
- Access to HSBC’s Infinite Travel & Lifestyle Concierge service for personalised assistance, 24/7
- Automatic travel insurance coverage of up to US$2,000,000 (annual value worth S$988)
- Complimentary limousine transfer and expedited immigration clearance at key airports in Asia
Other KLOOK promo codes — up to $10 off
There are also other promo codes that can score you discounts of up to $10 off on KLOOK:
|SAFRA||SAFRA10||$10 off all destinations (min. spend $100; first-time App users only)||31 Dec 2019|
|SAFRA2019||5% off all destinations (capped at $10)||31 Dec 2019|
|HomeTeamNS||HOMETEAM5||$5 off all destinations (min. spend $50; first-time App users only)||31 Dec 2019|
|NTUC||NTUC2019||5% off all destinations (capped at $15)||31 Dec 2019|
|Aviva||AVIVA2019||5% off all destinations (capped at $12)||31 Dec 2019|
The best part about these promo codes is that you don’t need to key in any identification number to prove you’re a member or anything. Although they’re technically for members of the respective brands and clubs, anyone with the code can use it.
If you’re making big ticket purchases, these could very well be more useful than the credit card promo codes — especially the NTUC and Aviva ones. They’re also 5% (like most of the credit card discounts), but are capped at $12 and $15 instead of $8 and $10.
Also, since some of these discounts are exclusive to first-timers only, you should milk those first before using the above credit card promo codes.
KLOOK credits (10 credits = ~S$0.20)
Another way to continue saving on KLOOK is by using KLOOK credits. These credits are earned each time you book and complete an activity, and the rebate will be between 5% to 10% depending on the activity you choose.
If you decide to go the extra mile and review your experience, you will earn extra KLOOK credits as well.
You’ll need to earn at least 10 credits before you can use them to offset your next booking. 10 KLOOK credits = 1HKD, which is roughly about S$0.20. It sounds confusing, but don’t worry: if you set your KLOOK page to SGD, you’ll see the right amount in local currency.
Credits earned are valid for the rest of the year, plus 1 year. So credits earned anytime between 1 Jan to 31 Dec 2019 will all expire on 31 Dec 2020.
KLOOK referral program (S$4.40 per referral)
When you sign up for a KLOOK account, you will have your own unique referral code that you can send to your friends. Your friend will get HK$25 (~S$4.40) to book their first activity, and when they finally complete it, you will receive the same amount (all in KLOOK credits).
The part about completing it is important, because it won’t work if both of you are going on the same trip.
For example, if your friend booked a tour for your joint trip in a month’s time, you will only get the credits 2 weeks after the trip is over. So you can’t get the rebates in time to make bookings for the same trip.
Have you made travel bookings on KLOOK before? Tell us some of your tips & tricks for more discounts!
Personal finance tips delivered to your inbox!
Receive news, subscriber-exclusive promotions and guides on how to become smarter with money.
We promise never to spam you!