It’s no secret that Singaporeans LOVE travelling – there’s always a long weekend to take advantage of or annual leave days to clear. If you’re already on the hunt for your next getaway, Expedia is a great site to look for cheap flight and hotel bargains.
Not to be confused with travel aggregators like Google Flights and Skyscanner, Expedia is an online travel agent that sells not just flights, but hotels, travel tours, and car rental services as well. They’re one of the biggest travel portals in the region, which is why it’s no surprise that they have tie-ups with almost every bank in Singapore.
Here’s a compiled list of Expedia promo codes and credit card promotions in Singapore.
Expedia promo codes & credit card promotions (2019)
As mentioned, there’s a promo code for almost every bank in Singapore. However, the caveat is that these promo codes are for quite specific bookings only – “Expedia Rate” hotels that aren’t in the Expedia exclusion list. Strictly no flights!
|OCBC cards||12% off hotels with promo code OCBCSG12 (First 2,000 redemptions, capped at $60)||Book by 28 Feb 2019, travel by 30 May 2019.|
|10% off hotels with promo code OCBCSG10||Book by 31 Dec 2019, travel by 30 Mar 2020.|
|$15 off flight+hotel bookings with promo code OCBCSG15 (min $500)||Book by 31 Dec 2019, travel by 30 Mar 2020.|
|UOB cards||10% off hotels with promo code UOBEXPSG17||Book by 31 Mar 2019, travel by 30 Jun 2019.|
|Citibank cards||10% off hotels with promo code CITIEXPSG||Book by 31 Dec 2019, travel by 30 Mar 2020.|
|DBS/POSB cards||10% off hotels with promo code DBSEXPSG||Book by 31 Dec 2019, travel by 30 Mar 2020.|
|HSBC cards||10% off hotels with promo code HSBCEXP10||Book by 31 Dec 2019, travel by 30 Mar 2020.|
|Maybank cards||10% off hotels with promo code MBBEXP10||Book by 31 Dec 2019, travel by 30 Mar 2020.|
Note: Again, don’t blur blur ah. Promo codes only applicable to “Expedia Rate” hotels that aren’t in the Expedia exclusion list.
OCBC Expedia promo code – up to 12% off hotels & $15 off flight+hotel bookings
OCBC currently has the most promotions, with up to 12% off hotel bookings with promo code OCBCSG12. The 12% off is reserved for the first 2,000 redemptions only, and is capped at $60 (i.e. your booking should be less than $500). It also expires the earliest. You’ll have to book your trip by this month and travel by 30 May 2019.
Once those limited redemptions are snapped up, your discount is lowered to 10% with promo code OCBCSG10. Not much of a difference in my opinion, and still pretty worth it if the hotel you’re eyeing is eligible for the discount.
OCBC is also the only bank to have a code for flight+hotel bundles. On top of the already discounted bundle, you’ll get $15 off with promo code OCBCSG15. The minimum spend is $500, which shouldn’t be hard to hit since it’s inclusive of both your flight and accommodation – 2 of the most expensive travel costs.
Other Expedia promo codes – 10% off hotel bookings with UOB, Citibank, DBS/POSB, HSBC & Maybank
The other banks only have 1 standard promotion for 10% off hotel bookings. They’re mostly good for booking until 31 Dec 2019 (travel by 30 Mar 2020), except UOB’s promo code, which expires 31 Mar 2019 (travel by 30 Jun 2019).
Best air miles credit cards to use for travel bookings on Expedia
Even though technically you can use any card from the above banks, there are certain cards that give you extra rewards (on top of the above discounts!). For air miles cards, certain ones earn you bonus miles:
|Air miles credit cards||Bonus miles accrual||Validity|
|UOB PRVI Miles Card||$1 = 10 miles via expedia.com.sg/prvimiles||31 Mar 2019|
|DBS Altitude Visa Signature Card||$1 = 6 miles via expedia.com.sg/dbsaltitude||31 Mar 2019|
|Citi PremierMiles Visa Card||$1 = 3 miles via expedia.com.sg/bonusrewards||31 May 2019|
Note that you will have to head to the specific landing page and key in the promo code to enjoy the extra miles. As it is, the UOB PRVI Miles is one of the top air miles cards in the market, so it doesn’t hurt that it offers the best Expedia bonus accrual too ($1 = 10 miles).
- S$1 = 1.4 miles (Local spend); S$1 = 2.4 miles (Overseas spend)
- S$1 = 6 miles for spends on major airlines and hotels booked through Expedia, UOB Travel, and Agoda
- No minimum spend and no cap on earned miles
- 20,000 loyalty miles every year with min. spend of S$50,000 in a year; Up to 8 complimentary airport transfers to Changi Airport in a year (Exclusively for UOB PRVI Miles American Express Card)
- Complimentary travel insurance coverage of up to S$1,000,000. T&Cs apply.
The DBS Altitude and Citi PremierMiles also offer accelerated miles earning for Expedia bookings, but it’s dramatically less ($1 = 6 and 3 miles respectively).
- S$1 = 1.2 miles (Local spend)
- S$1 = 2 miles (Overseas spend)
- S$1 = 3 miles (Online flight & Hotel transactions)
- 6 miles/S$1 spend at Expedia; 10 miles/S$1 spend at Kaligo
- Get 10,000 Bonus Miles when you renew your annual membership
- Enjoy 2 Complimentary Global Airport Lounge Access visits and get up to S$1 million travel accident insurance coverage for you and your family members
- S$1 = 1.2 Citi Miles on Local spend
- S$1 = 2 Citi Miles on Foreign currency spend
- Earn up to 7 Citi Miles per S$1 spent on Agoda.com/bonusmiles (valid till 31 Jul 2019), 3 Citi Miles per S$1 spent on Expedia.com.sg/bonusrewards (valid till 31 May 2019) and 10 Citi Miles per S$1 spent on Kaligo.com/bonus-miles (valid till 31 Dec 2019)
- Citi Miles never expire
- Priority Pass™ membership gives you access to more than 600 airport lounges twice a year
- Complimentary Travel Accident Insurance up to S$1,000,000 coverage, Medical Assistance Programme and Travel Inconvenience Coverage
Other cashback & rewards cards for travel bookings on Expedia
You can also earn cash rebates and reward points (which can also be converted into miles).
|Credit card||Bonus cash back, rewards and/or miles||Things to note|
|CIMB Visa Signature||10% cash back||Capped at $50, min spend $600|
|OCBC FRANK credit card||6% cash back||Capped at $60, min spend $400 offline|
|DBS Live Fresh Card||5% cash back||Capped at $20, min spend $600|
|UOB One Card||Up to 5% cash back||Up to $300, min spend $2,000|
|DBS Woman’s World Card||5X rewards ($1 = 2 miles)||Expenditure capped at $1,000, no min spend|
|HSBC Revolution Card||5X rewards ($1 = 2 miles)||No cap, no min spend|
|BOC Qoo10 MasterCard||5% Qmoney rebates||Capped at $40, min spend $600|
The cards listed here mostly reward you for online shopping in general, including bookings made on Expedia.
For cash back credit cards, my pick is the CIMB Visa Signature card, because it gives you 10% cashback on all online spend. It’s capped at $50 per category, so that means as long as your Expedia bill is under $500, you’re good.
Even though both the DBS Woman’s World card and HSBC Revolution card offer competitive rewards (5X; $1 = 2 miles), the latter has no minimum spend and no expenditure cap. That means you can swipe all your travel bookings with 1 card and still make the most of every cent spent.
- Earn 10X Rewards (10 DBS Points OR 20 miles per S$5 spend) when shopping online
- Earn 3X Rewards (3 DBS Points OR 6 miles per S$5 spend) when shopping overseas
- Enjoy 0% interest over 3, 6 or 12 months and waived processing fee with My Preferred Payment Plan
- Enjoy exclusive shopping privileges with DBS Lifestyle App
- 5X Rewards points (or 2 air miles) per $1 spent on Online transactions
- Includes airline/movie/concert tickets, hotel/travel/taxi bookings, food orders, insurance premiums, and online shopping sites
- Excludes brokerages/securities and money payment/transfer websites
Tip: If you have any other cards you’re hoping to capitalise on, make sure the terms and conditions don’t exclude travel bookings under the “online spend” category. For instance, the UOB Preferred Platinum Card is a super popular rewards card but the fine print explicitly states that flights and hotels aren’t eligible for the bonus rewards. Bummer.
… And there you have it!
As citizens with the 3rd most powerful passport in the world, it is our duty to make sure our little red book doesn’t go to waste. So go forth and travel as far and as wide as you possibly can!
Which credit card are you using for your upcoming travel bookings? Tell us in the comments below!
Subscribe to get weekly updates on personal finance
You'll also get a special promo code for $30 Shell vouchers upon purchasing an FWD Car Insurance plan by 30 April 2019!
We promise never to spam you!