In the realm of credit cards that offer cash rebates as an incentive, few cards have stood the test of the time as well as the UOB One Credit Card has. Cards from other banks have been heavily revamped, renamed, rebranded, but few have actually held on to their core offering as strongly as this card has.
Now celebrating its 10th year in existence, there are even better reasons why this card remains such a popular choice, but we’ll get to that later. Here’s a first look on why One Card continues to be Singapore’s most generous rebate card:
- July 2007 – The birth of Singapore’s first contactless card, which also included the first vertical design in Singapore. Contactless payments have since evolved to include mobile payments (e.g. ApplePay, Samsung Pay, Andriod Pay and more) for greater ease and convenience for consumers when making payments at over 10,000 retail outlets islandwide. The core offering of 3.33% on ALL spend anywhere and on anything, plus additional 10% SMART$ rebates with the unique UOB SMART$ rebates programme, was an immediate hit.
- Apr 2015 – UOB One Card Cardmembers continue to get the most savings with the UOB One Account and One Card bundle, which gives bonus interest on deposit and still is one of the easiest ways to earn bonus interest in Singapore.
- Aug 2015 – Celebrated SG50 with an upgraded core offering to 5% cash rebate on ALL spend for a monthly spend of $2,000. In addition, the card continues to reward double rebates of up to 10% SMART$ rebate, petrol savings and bonus interest on savings in UOB One Account, making it Singapore’s most generous rebate card.
- Sep 2016 – Enhanced the petrol proposition to become the best fuel savings of up to 20.8% fuel savings at Shell and 24% at SPC, thus receiving the award as the top cashback card for petrol in Her World and Nuyou in Aug 2017
The UOB One card today (after 10 years), still remains Singapore’s most generous rebate card.
In celebration of its 10th birthday, the card is also now giving an additional 10% rebate on mobile payment transactions because, well, you know why. This is especially apt given its beginnings as the first contactless payments card.
With mobile payments kickstarting a new wave of innovation in the payment space, the UOB One card has partnered with some of the most popular merchants to offer even greater savings. Here’s just a sample of the merchants you can save more with:
- Cold Storage
- Cathay Cineplexes
- Din Tai Fung
- SPC and Shell
The offer requires a minimum spend of $500 for each qualifying period, which if you are maximizing your rebates with this card, you should already hit. Here are a few simple steps and details to qualify for this offer:
- Register via SMS (use icon)
- SMS 10<space>NRIC/Passport Number as per Bank’s record to 77862. Limited to the first 10,000 Principal Cardmemembers.
- Digitise your UOB One Card on your phone (use icon).
- Click here on how to digitalise your card.
- Tap and get rewarded (use icon)
- Tap and pay with your phone on any contactless terminals islandwide from 10 August to 31 October 2017.
Just to add a little more icing on the cake, UOB is also offering a first year fee waiver as well as $100 worth of cash credits ($80 cash credit for the One Card and $20 for the One Account).
If you are interested in the UOB One Card, you can apply here.
This article is brought to you in collaboration with UOB.