Statistically speaking, the biggest reason why people tend to take out a personal loan is actually to pay off other outstanding debt. This makes obvious sense as you end up paying off your debt at a lower interest rate, as opposed to having to pay crazy credit card interest rates, for example.
Finding a suitable personal loan isn’t hard at all, and here at MoneySmart, we want to help Singaporeans find the best personal finance product for their financial needs. Yes, we aren’t just a blog that publishes funny articles about how much money Singaporeans like to waste.
So here’s a little contest to get you acquainted with our different product sites, starting with personal loans.
Mr Teo, a Singaporean, has a ton of credit card debt that he wishes to get rid of, and figures getting a personal loan to pay that off is the best thing to do. He wants to take out a personal loan for $10,000, and is currently earning a salary of $4,000 a month. He aims to pay off the loan in 5 years. Which is the best personal loan for him to take?
Taking part is easy. Here’s what you need to do:
- Head on over to MoneySmart’s Personal Loan Wizard
- Input the information above into the calculator
- Take a screenshot of the top 2 personal loans with the lowest interest rate on our results page
- Send in your answer together with the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title #iamMoneySmart Personal Loans Contest with the following information:
- IC Number
- Contact Number
- Share this post publicly (not the answer!) on Facebook with the hashtag #iamMoneySmart. Be sure to set your privacy settings to Public.
It’s that simple! One lucky winner will walk away with an Apple Watch Sport.
Terms and Conditions for Contest:
- Contest closes on 10 Nov 2015 at 2359h. All submissions need to be sent to email@example.com before then.
- Entries are limited to one submission per IC number
- Employees of MoneySmart.sg or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Entries without a screenshot will be disqualified.
- MoneySmart.sg reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- MoneySmart.sg is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Moneysmart reserves the right to select the winner based on the following criteria
- Correct answer submitted
- Random selection of entries submitted
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- MoneySmart.sg will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- MoneySmart.sg’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Singapore law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Singapore data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to MoneySmart.sg and not to any other party.